Das Wichtigste vorab
- There are several factors that can affect your fertility, as well as natural ways to improve fertility.
- These include a healthy diet, regular exercise, stress reduction, and knowledge of your menstrual cycle.
- For couples who want to have children, it can help to look at your own fertility and take steps to increase it if necessary.
Fertility plays an important role for couples who want to have children and can be affected by various factors. In this post, we will not only discuss the factors that can negatively affect fertility, but also natural ways to improve fertility without the use of drugs or artificial insemination.
Importance of fertility for couples who wish to have children
For many couples, fulfilling their desire to have children is a central goal. Fertility plays a decisive role in this, as it determines whether a pregnancy can come about at all. Increased fertility therefore increases the chances of a successful pregnancy.
What affects fertility?
There are a variety of factors that can negatively affect fertility. These include age, stress, unhealthy diet, environmental toxins, alcohol, cigarettes and drugs. You can find a detailed description of these factors below.
Natural ways to improve fertility
Fortunately, there are also natural ways to improve fertility without the use of drugs or artificial insemination. Below, we'll introduce you to ten natural ways to improve fertility:
Eating a healthy diet and staying hydrated
Avoidance of alcohol, cigarettes and drugs
Use of natural methods of conception control
Taking nutritional supplements
Avoidance of environmental toxins such as pesticides and heavy metals
If necessary, treatment of hormonal disorders or other medical problems
A healthy diet and adequate hydration are important factors to increase fertility. A balanced diet rich in fruits, vegetables, whole grains, healthy fats and proteins can positively influence hormone balance and thus improve fertility. In addition, it is important to drink enough water to keep the body well hydrated.
Regular exercise is not only good for physical health, but can also increase fertility. Exercise can help regulate hormone levels, control weight and increase blood flow. It doesn't have to be an intense workout; even light physical activity like walking or yoga can help improve fertility.
Stress can be an important factor affecting fertility. Therefore, it is important to reduce stress to increase fertility. Relaxation exercises such as meditation, yoga or breathing exercises can help reduce stress and improve fertility.
Getting enough sleep is essential for fertility. The body needs enough rest to recover and regenerate. Lack of sleep can lead to hormonal imbalances that can affect fertility. Therefore, it is important to make sure that you get enough sleep.
Abstaining from alcohol, cigarettes and drugs can significantly improve fertility. Alcohol and drugs can affect hormone balance and thus negatively impact fertility. Smoking can also significantly reduce fertility in women* and men*.
Natural methods of conception control, such as the symptothermal method, can help to better understand the female cycle and thus increase fertility. These methods can also be used to help determine the right time for intercourse if you want to have children.
Certain supplements can also help improve fertility. Folic acid is known to reduce the likelihood of neural tube defects in newborns in women* and also improves fertility. Vitamin D may also help by regulating the menstrual cycle and supporting egg maturation. Omega-3 fatty acids, found in fatty fish, nuts and seeds, may also improve fertility in women by reducing inflammation, among other benefits.
Certain environmental toxins, such as pesticides and heavy metals, can negatively impact fertility by disrupting the hormonal system and affecting egg quality. It is important to be aware of what chemicals are present in the environment and how to protect yourself from them. For example, one can use organic products to avoid pesticides and make sure one is not exposed to lead or mercury.
A good way to improve fertility naturally is to monitor your menstrual cycle. By closely following one's menstrual cycle, one can determine when one is most fertile and plan sexual intercourse accordingly.
If one is having difficulty getting pregnant, it is important to see a doctor. There, a comprehensive examination can be performed to determine if one is suffering from a hormonal imbalance or other medical problems that may affect fertility. In some cases, medical treatment may be necessary to improve fertility, such as hormone therapy or surgery.
In summary, there are many factors that can negatively affect fertility. Fortunately, however, there are natural ways to increase fertility. A healthy diet, regular exercise and stress reduction can already go a long way towards increasing fertility.
Dieser Text wurde auf Basis von medizinischer Fachliteratur und aktuellen Studien von Medizinredakteur:innen erstellt. Unser Anspruch ist es, wissenschaftlich zu arbeiten, Quellen kenntlich zu machen und die Inhalte regelmäßig auf ihre Aktualität zu prüfen.
Referenzen & Literatur
- Gaskins AJ, Mumford SL et al (2009) Effect of daily fiber intake on reproductive function: the biocycle study. Am J Clin Nutr 90:1061–1069
- Hickey M, Balen A. (2003). Menstrual disorders in adolescence: investigation and management. Hum Reprod Update. 9(5):493-504.
- Kalantaridou, S. N. et al. (2004). Stress and the female reproductive system. Journal of Reproductive Immunology, 62(1), 61–68.
- Mumford SL et al (2016) Dietary fat intake and reproductive hormone concentrations and ovulation in regularly menstruating women. Am J Clin Nutr 103:868–877
- Neena B. Schwartz. (1974). The Role of FSH and LH and of Their Antibodies on Follicle Growth and on Ovulation. Biology of Reproduction, Volume 10, Issue 2, 1 March 1974, Pages 236–272
- Smith SM, Vale WW. (2006). The role of the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis in neuroendocrine responses to stress. Dialogues Clin Neurosci, 8(4):383–95.